20091030

gaga for gaga step 8

Well, we're winding down to the last days and it's time for me to add the finishing touches.

Saturday is the big day! Who else is as psyched as I am????

Hot cocoa with mini marshmallows has been helping me get through this...


Cutting the centerpiece, I used a thick black board (not poster board), then covered it in lame fabric. The lines are drawn simply by permanent marker...







I also used lame fabric for the center front portion between where the "skirt" is.


Putting in the boning...



The dress is stitched together but I have to run and buy another zipper foot later today (it's 2:26am right now :( ) to fix my center back.

The rest of the wiring must go into the skirt as well...

And the silver squares shall go on tomorrow!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hey, how's that rubber cement? i've been meaning to get some, but i don't know which brand to get.

i had some green & black's hot chocolate mix with almond milk the other day. =]

Six Six Sick said...

This is looking super awesome. I'm totally blown away by your dedication. I can't wait to see what the end results look like put together. Happy Halloween!

xx
Tiffany

The Anthology said...

Cannot wait to see the final result!

* kelsey

Anonymous said...

I made the same costume as well ! If you'd like to see, here's a picture:

http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs029.snc3/11639_1185135547843_1211880503_30779317_7120585_n.jpg