20091025

gaga for gaga: step 7



Taking a little break from sewing, I started making the mask....



The mask I bought is a cheapo $6 mask from the costume shop, and it wasn't the exact shape of Gaga's, so I cut some cardstock to make the shape I wanted.

For this entire mask I used a hot glue gun to affix everything, sounds tacky but it works!

I then started applying the foil tissue, cutting it to fit... I felt like I was a hairdresser for a second and attending to someone's rollers...



(Technically you could use aluminum foil too, but I have to use the foil tissue for something else. I think the foil tissue is a bit more shiny, anyhow.)

After the entire surface was covered, I trimmed the excess foil, and then started with the "cracks". I decided to replicate the broken-mirror-glued-together-but-with-pizazz look using the hot glue gun and silver glitter. The glue from the glue gun would give more dimension than regular glue, but I had to work very quickly.






I'll have to do a massive vacuum job after this project...!


3 comments:

Ken said...

cant wait~!

Cruz said...

Very creative! Nice job! :)

La Chauve-Souris said...

omg I love your blog